- Transgender San Francisco offers support and social groups for individuals on the gender spectrum
- How do I change my name? And other legal issues that may arise (Transgender Law Center)
- Standards of Care by World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH). Dry reading, but necessary for anyone considering any medical procedures to assist in transitioning.
- Center of Excellence for Transgender Health: Health Resources for trans communities
- PFLAG: Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays - has great LGBTQ support links
- Outlet @ Adolescent Counseling Services: Great resource that offers free groups and sliding scale therapy for clients who identify as LGBTQ ages 10-25. Offers resources in English and Spanish.
- Enlistment in the military: What you need to know and who can help you (National Center for Lesbian Rights)
Mindfulness and Stress Reduction Resources:
- Kristen Neff, Self Compassion: Working on ways to be kinder to yourself and ease the inner critic
- Greater Good Science Center: Resources for Mindfulness, Self-Compassion, Gratitude, Happiness and Forgiveness
- Mindful Magazine: Offering resources for mindfulness that are tangible
- UCLA Mindfulness Awareness Research Center (MARC): Free Guided Meditations
- Apps that I've found helpful (I do not receive any compensation for recommending these apps):
- Headspace: (IOS/Google Play) Great app that offers free 10 day trial and introduction to Mindfulness. After that, there is a monthly subscription fee.
- Simple Habit: (IOS/Google Play) App has subscription based fee, but the "On the Go" meditations are free and offer a wide variety of meditations for situations ranging from a stressful day to decompressing on your commute.
- Insight Timer: (IOS/Google Play) There are hundreds of guided meditations available on this app, in addition to a timer function that offers realistic sounding bells that are soothing. The timer offers a great deal of flexibility if you are interested in pursuing your own mindfulness journey.
- Stop, Breathe, Think: (IOS/Google Play) This is a fun app! It checks in with how you are feeling and offers you various meditations that you can try based on your physical and emotional state. Also offers yoga videos, too, although that is part of their paid content.